Maine or bust!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Move over, Robert Frost...

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

That's great... it's a classic poem.  I love Robert Frost, and to be honest, I like ice. Ice is strong.




Ice is fascinating.




Ice is amazingly beautiful.




Today, however, ice has kicked my ass. As I sit here with a damp bottom and various aches and pains, I do not like ice very much. Ice hurts. Especially when it causes both your feet to fly out from under you in the middle of Elgin Street and land flat on your back, cracking your head on the pavement. So kiss my ass, ice.


I did make it to yoga class (this happened on the way there), changed into my spare pants (which were also wet, since I dropped them in the slush when I did my acrobatics), survived an hour's worth of yoga after a couple of months without (downward dog HURTS when you haven't done it in a while), and came back to the office. I was very tempted to resort to chocolate to heal my boo-boos, but I didn't (Day two of South Beach - I remembered!). Yesterday went so well (3.5 lbs down this morning!) that I wasn't about to mess things up now. I will say, however, that I do not recommend doing yoga with a soggy wet butt. It's not fun.


I crocheted the last square (half-square) of Rob's blanket last night, and immediately turned my attention to something else. I had bought the needles yesterday, and I couldn't wait to get started - even though it was on DPNs. By the time I went to bed last night, I had completed: One mitten. Ends woven in, thumb knitted on and everything! I took a picture of it, but I haven't managed to get it off the camera yet *blush* I promise I will share once its mate has joined it. The cowl that's joining it will have to wait until I can find the right needles (as mentioned yesterday). 

I had stopped working on the baby surprise jacket because I left my iPad (and therefore the pattern and my row counter, which is an app) at my mother's house. Duh.... stupid me, the pattern (which is also on my home PC, and now my work PC since I emailed it to myself) has a stitch count at the end of each row. Like I couldn't have figured it out? I'm not sure what's coming to the kids' swimming class with me tonight, but it'll probably be reading. I have a couple of fairly reading-intense projects due mid-April, so I want to get my last night of pleasure reading in while it's convenient (and before I purchase the books I need for the projects!) I may or may not go to my Hull knit night tonight - it'll depend on how my butt feels (and if I can find clean, dry pants!).

No comments:

Post a Comment