Maine or bust!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Godspeed, Mother Nature...

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I hate winter. I loathe winter. I can handle cold. Cold is no problem. What I can't handle is the fact that at any given moment, if you lose your focus for one second (and sometimes even when you haven't), winter can pitch you on your ass, cause insult and injury, and sometimes even kill you. Last night, we got a couple of hours' worth of snow, then this morning it was raining when I left for work. It rained until about 1pm, and it's been snowing heavily since then. In short? Don't piss off Mother Nature. Bitch is MEAN.

I managed a bit of knitting on the Baby Surprise Jacket last night and this morning, and now the "flap" bit is done (I don't remember doing a "flap" the first time around, but I must have, because the pattern hasn't changed). Tonight is KNIT NIGHT, which means that a somewhat smaller horde than anticipated (weather, y'all) will descend on the Wellington Street Bridgehead and knit our little hearts out. I'm bringing the mitten, so I can finally finish the thumb (poor Kimery), I'm bringing the BSJ, and I'll be bringing the blue pretty so that I can have moral support while I rip the bloody thing back.

Weigh in this morning was a tense time... I was VERY good yesterday. So good, in fact, that it was a bit disgusting. I ate well, I yoga'd, I resisted. This morning, I got on the scale, and saw 267... I knew that couldn't be right, so I tried again. 274. That's a bit better, but let's give it a third try just for good measure: 274. YES. (Scale at work confirmed when I weighed in for Biggest Loser). I allowed myself a few carbs at breakfast (I had the two leftover eggrolls from the children's dinner last night), and then had a grilled salmon salad at lunch (Sir John A's... best pub on Elgin!). Dinner may not be entirely Beach-friendly, since I haven't decided where I'll be eating it, but I'll do my best.

Tomorrow is adventure time :D Here's a hint.....


I can't wait!!!! I may buy some Jacquard dyes to try my hand... who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment