Maine or bust!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters...

First of all, there was no weigh-in on Friday because Rob actually doesn't own a scale ;) However, this morning, 7 hours post-arrival home, I weighed in at 280.5. Not bad for nine days on vacation and two days on the road :)

Rob took my official measurements on Saturday night (after dinner, my bad), my new starting point:

Bust (under): 43.75 inches
Waist: 47 inches
Hips: 59 inches
Arms: 16.75 inches (upper arms, not forearms)
Thigh: 28.75 inches
Calf: 18.5 inches

Not great, but some have gone down a bit. All future measurements will be based on these, and they'll only be updated when I see Rob (since it's hard to measure one's own body accurately).

The drive home was exhausting, and the detour into downtown Toronto was long, but an adventure :) I'd never been down highway 403 before, and now I can say that I've traveled it from one end to the other!

Today was a bit crazy. My son's alarm clock, although unplugged, kept going off at odd hours. I got home at 2:30a.m., fell into bed, only to be awakened by his alarm clock going off at 3a.m. I thought it was the smoke detector out in the hall (its battery is dying and it beeps intermittently) so I ignored it until nearly 4a.m. when I couldn't stand it anymore. Then it went off again at 6a.m. (ugh) but I didn't hear it for awhile, so I'd like to apologize to my upstairs and downstairs neighbors, each of whom has a bedroom directly beneath my son's, who have had to hear this racket for four hours each morning (it goes for two hours each time) for the last nine days. I couldn't figure out how to reprogram the bloody thing, so it's been relocated to Jeff's house until Zachary can learn how to turn it off when he's not going to be home.

I finally got up a bit later, and immediately jumped into the shower for a solid 45 minutes. Why? Because I could. First of all, sharing a single shower with three other people is tricky, but even more so when the sewers are backing up due to excessive rainfall. Ahhhhhhhh.... mostly cold, of course, since I got myself a massive sunburn on my last day in Chicago (beach, water, no sunscreen... ow).

I spent the rest of the day doing errands (even managed to get out of the licensing bureau in less than 10 minutes!) and then we took Skye out for a quiet birthday dinner at East Side Mario's. Tomorrow, it's back to work. I'm actually looking forward to it. I've really missed everybody! (not that I minded spending nine days with Rob... it never does last long enough) So off to bed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment