Maine or bust!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday weigh in: 283??? WTF???


I am thoroughly confused. I have been good this week. I have been exceedingly good. I've exercised, I've eaten right, and I'm UP 2.5 lbs? However, I'm not going to let this bother me too much. The first time I stepped on the scale, it said 240. The second time, it said 289. I picked the scale up, moved it to the flattest bit of floor in my kitchen (did I mention my apartment floors are crooked?) and tried again. 284. Oh no :( Tried again. 282. Seriously? I know weight fluctuates, but not that much! Tried a fifth and sixth time and finally got consistent readings: 283 both times. So that's what I'm going with.

I'm a bit disappointed, yeah, because I've been careful (although that frozen hot chocolate at Second Cup last night likely wasn't on the South Beach approved list). I'm not going to let it get me down though. I know my IUD has been causing all kinds of hormone fluctuations (to the point that I'm now starting day 16 of spotting and bleeding this month - ugh). I'm pretty sure that's also causing some kind of weirdness where weight is concerned. I am having it removed at the earliest opportunity and hopefully that will help solve the problem.

In other news, I had a fantastic time last night :) I walked into the coffee shop, and it was like NO time had passed. We sat down and started chatting, and it felt like we were both sixteen again. There was no awkwardness, no difficulty rebuilding a rapport. I ended up going to her place after coffee to meet her partner, and she was fantastic as well. We had a great time talking, and I eventually peeled myself away with the promise of seeing them again tonight (her partner's a knitter! How awesome is that? They're coming to knit night with me this evening!). I don't think we'll be letting each other drift away again any time soon. I was surprised and thrilled to discover that she had been as excited about this as I had. I timidly confessed when we sat down to coffee that I hadn't slept well last night because I was too excited, and she breathlessly said, "Me too! I was so looking forward to it!"

I had a bit of a shock when we got to her apartment though, and she mentioned that her partner doesn't speak French... um.... okay... We walk in, and suddenly, she's speaking FLUENT ENGLISH. This girl would NOT speak English when we were in school together unless it was absolutely necessary, and it was kind of surreal to then sit in her apartment and have a three-hour conversation with her IN ENGLISH. :) She's remarkably fluent and only has a minor accent as well. I'm very proud of her :)

And in yet other news, I have to announce the sad passing of one of my knitting projects. The Summer Sands Empire tank top I was knitting from one of the Creative Knits issues will not see the light of day. I had put it down for a couple of weeks, and when it came time to pick it up again, I just wasn't feeling it. I mean, I REALLY wasn't feeling it. I don't like the way the pattern is shaping up, I don't like that I have to pick up hundreds of stitches to do the arm and neck cuffs, and I don't like the yarn. I can't see myself wearing that yarn against my bare skin. It sheds too much. So off it goes to project heaven. The yarn will be unravelled and used for something else, and I will move on to bigger and better things.

Happy Friday, everybody! (all two of you who read this blog LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment