Maine or bust!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

More jam and other various projects...

Last night was grocery night, and the kids were a bit more helpful than usual :) It was a somewhat later evening than we're used to, so I waited until after they went to bed, and then I made this:


That would be strawberry-kiwi freezer jam :) Three pints and one half-pint of it. I still have a pile of strawberries left, so I may try my hand at some plain strawberry jam tonight or tomorrow if I can get my hands on some jars at a reasonable price.

I realize that I haven't mentioned knitting in a while. I'm still plugging away on Rob's curtain (which now looks like this):


There are five pattern repeats so far, and I think I calculated that I needed six or seven once blocked, so it's coming along nicely. I've also been working on Sadie's baby blanket:


I'm not sure why my couch and wall are that orange... the couch is beige and the walls are dark brownish, but the colours of the blanket are accurate enough. It's about 2' x 1 3/4' right now, so still a few more weeks to go. I learned to do this:


That's a solid granny square blanket, which is currently about the same size as Sadie's blanket. (And weirdly, with the orange blanket, my couch looks green. ARGH.) I don't have an intended recipient for this one yet, so we'll see where it ends up. I was reminded last night that I never posted a picture of the granny square blanket I had completed in a 24-hour period, so here's the ugly ;)


I had a few balls of Wendy Pampas left over from Rob's blanket, so they became this. Even with the enormous holes, this thing is WARM (Pampas is 80% acrylic and 20% wool, if I'm not mistaken, and it is THICK... like, thick as my fingers thick). No intended recipient for this one either. Maybe I'll start a box for Project Linus blankets :) I have a new project that I can't take pictures of yet. I'm very excited to be test-knitting a sock pattern for a friend of mine (who is a brilliant designer just starting out!). These are gorgeous, and I'm very excited because this will be my very first pair of hand-knit socks! (and hopefully I can finish them in time to show the Yarn Harlot when she comes in August!)

Plants are still going strong... I still haven't had time to transplant the herbs (or the two cherry tomato plants). We'll have to see what I can manage tonight. I'm heading over to the gym after work to renew my membership :D *SQUEE* I have committed to a walking plan with Rob (sorry Roxane, I tried to reply to you, but Yahoo Mail was going bonkers yesterday! I will send you a copy of the plan!) and I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym. My hips and knees will thank me, I'm sure (since they've been quick to give me hell since I stopped going). It's been a busy week, but a productive one. Tonight I just have to remember to go to bed at a decent hour.

1 comment: