Maine or bust!

Monday, June 18, 2012

It's over, and an attempt at healthy eating ;)

My house is clean, y'all. It's cleaner than when I moved into it! I am SO exhausted (yes, even three days later). Now to attack the few remaining disorganized areas (my movie collection needs a serious going over, as do my bookshelves and the tops of the dressers - the insides of my kitchen and bathroom cupboards could probably do with a clearing out as well). But it's CLEAN. I spent most of Saturday morning walking back and forth through the apartment just because I *could*. Now the fact that there are a few specks on the carpet is bugging me, and I'm feeling compelled to vacuum again LOL

As for the attempt at healthy eating... I had some asparagus in the fridge that was in danger of going off if I didn't eat it, so here's what I did with it:

A bit of olive oil, a bit of sesame oil, some asparagus and a handful of frozen peas.

Add a splash of milk and four eggs, season with a bit of dill and black pepper.

Attempt an omelette, fail to flip it, and end up with scrambled vegetarian hash. Add a bit of cheese to complete the meal.
This ended up being lunch on Saturday and then breakfast this morning as well! DELICIOUS! I am so thrilled at how cheap asparagus has been at the grocery store that I'm contemplating buying some more and pickling some of it (I've never done pickled asparagus before)!

I'd show you the beautiful strawberries I bought at the Orleans Fruit Farm, but I forgot to take a picture of them. They, and some rhubarb from my mom's garden, are going to be turned into jam this evening! I may attempt the pineapple rhubarb jam as well if I have enough rhubarb left, seeing as I promised some to my friend Sue. I'm going to have to go buy some more jars as well, since most of mine never made it back home. But I'm told they're super-cheap at Walmart, so I may have to bite the bullet and buy them there. They were $12 at the grocery store, in my defense... I'll try to take pictures of the tomato plants and the babies tonight (the herbs I have left after the neighbor let her cat onto my balcony....).

Enjoy the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment