Maine or bust!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Winds of change...

I'm finally starting to feel a bit more human today, so here I am. Yesterday was spent schlepping Skye to the doctor's office (she's fine, this was an anticipated visit), appliance browsing with Jeff and doing groceries. I've entered the Harlot's black hole on the first Doctors Without Borders scarf... I could have sworn I would finish the thing last night, but there it is, unfinished, looking no longer than it did before I picked it up. *sigh*

This morning's breakfast was a delicious smoothie made from a quarter of a pear, two large strawberries, a kiwi, a handful of baby spinach leaves and some vanilla yogurt. It took me half the morning to drink it (it was only about 1.5 cups), but it was good! I think next time I may peel the kiwi though... and perhaps toss in an ice cube or two. I've got such a variety of fruit in the house right now that the kids are having a ball and I'm getting to actually enjoy some of it! (Trainer told me I needed to eat more fruit.)

Mine actually contains apples, bananas, grapefruit, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, nectarines and plums right now.


I haven't been to the gym since Friday, and I feel like a lump. No excuses tonight, I have to go. Especially as this week's yoga class has been cancelled (lucky instructor is living it up in Turks and Caicos). Everyone around me is ill right now, including Zachary. I'm clinging to my ColdFX for dear life and drinking as much as I can.

I should have worked on Rob's blanket last night, but I ended up hardly picking up any knitting at all (see above, with never-ending scarf). Today, I cast on a new Doctors Without Borders scarf out of some Red Heart Boutique Changes (it's actually pretty nice stuff, before anybody cringes at the words "Red Heart"). This is my new "at work" project. I'm trying to keep a wider variety of projects going to avoid getting bored... however, I may have missed the point of this exercise by having three of the same scarf on the needles.

It has felt remarkably like spring this past week. The temperature has been hovering between -5°C and 5°C, there's a lot of melting going on, and it just feels awesome. Lots of sunshine today, and I'm feeling that I should be starting some seeds for the window boxes I want to put on the balcony. I wonder how a rhubarb plant would do in a pot... I'd rather have it on my balcony rather than have the upstairs neighbors toss cigarette butts at it from the 3rd floor balcony.

Rob will be here in EIGHT days :D Cleaning needs to be done tonight! 

1 comment:

  1. Smoothies are awesome! :o) I add a little milk to mine and a banana to smoothen it out. I got a Magic Bullet for Christmas and I love it because it came with to go cups that I can blend right in it. :o)

    My workout attempts are a fail but my knitting is a total success! Been very knit productive. :o)

    ReplyDelete