Maine or bust!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Plugging away...

Fitness - I could use a kick in the ass. Rob has been "encouraging" (read: guilting) me to do crunches, bicep curls, and occasional stints on the stair machine, but I really REALLY wish I had my treadmill running. In the interim, I'm doing what I can. Diet still needs a bit of work, because I really do fail at planning.

Knitting - I'm finally starting to make some progress on the super seekrit test knit :) It was frustrating, but I'm just about ready to join in the round. I haven't knit on anything else, because if I'm honest, this is due way too soon and I don't know how I'm going to find time to finish it with all the other shit I have to deal with. But I'll keep going because I'd like to get it at least most of the way done by then.

Food - I really need to learn to plan. Like, have a dozen hard-boiled eggs in the fridge at the beginning of the week, a big pot of couscous or quinoa or whatever with veggies and cheese in it, have the meals planned for the week, etc. Because I'm one of these classic procrastinators who will put literally ANYTHING off until the last possible second, I'm always scrambling to find something to eat, which is how I end up eating so much junk food. Well, for the first time in months, I'm not expected to go anywhere on a Sunday. I roasted a chicken last night (thawed it last Wednesday, so I was afraid it would go off) with some baby potatoes and some beets, so that's dinner tonight taken care of, which leaves me free to make a big pot of quinoa. The last remaining eggs got boiled last night, so I've got some for tomorrow's and Tuesday's breakfast. I think tonight's project before the kids go to bed will be clearing everything out of the refrigerator and keeping only the condiments we use regularly (Fish sauce, you're either being rehomed to a mason jar that will actually FIT in the fridge, or you're going in the trash). I know that almost all the fruit & veg in the fridge is fuzzy *sigh* so there may be a brief trip to the produce store this afternoon to replace some. I also need to catalog what's in the freezers, but that will be a project for another day.

School - ah. Well now we come to the crux of the blog post. The real reason I'm sitting here blogging on a Sunday afternoon. I have an assignment to do for my Documentation and Terminology class that is insufferably tedious and there's a lot to be done. I've had the whole term to work on it, but as mentioned above, I'm a pretty determined procrastinator. It's not that I don't WANT to get it done, I really do. Desperately so. But I can't seem to bring myself to work on it. Today, I worked for an hour before I started doing something else. That something else? Laundry. If I've voluntarily started doing laundry to avoid doing something, that's pretty serious. I need a huge kick in the ass. I wish I knew why I procrastinated, because I really don't like it :(

Everything else - Where do I even start? I have an essay due for my Judaism class, our audit at work is starting on Monday, I have to completely rejig the way we track things since we discovered our database is no longer able to produce accurate results (this is a problem with the actual database since it's from the 1980s and failing rapidly). I have to get my apartment in order because I'm truly sick of living in a pigsty. I need to clean my car out because a friend will be borrowing it while I'm in Chicago. I have to wash and pack clothes for my trip to Chicago. I'm so effing swamped I can barely breathe. And yet I'm sitting here blogging.  Priorities: I haz them.

Priorities by XKCD

No comments:

Post a Comment