Maine or bust!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Blackberry Muffins with Skye!

We were at the grocery store earlier, and they had a pretty decent price on these:


They looked so awesome that I had to pick some up! Skye and I decided to make some miniature muffins with them. I cheated, and used a mix (what? She's 10!) so we made low-fat blackberry oatmeal muffins. Sadly, with a mix, that means no recipe to share, but I bet there are hundreds of great recipes online if you really want one. (Or, go to Loblaws or any of the stores that sell yellow no-name products, and buy the low-fat oatmeal muffin mix - I added two half-pints of blackberries, chopped up).




And then, the final test!



To be honest, I had never baked with blackberries before, so I had no idea they turn red when you cook them! They are just the right combination of sweet and tart to make these muffins mouthwatering. Even her big brother gave them his seal of approval :) (he gets to make blueberry muffins on Wednesday).

Oh, and I know that a couple of people were following my landlord saga here the other day. I came home to a brand new sink AND cabinet today! (granted, the previous landlord had only painted to the outlines of the old cabinet, which was bigger, so there's ugly wallpaper peeking out now, but that can be fixed). So now there's just the window to fix, and then I can get to work making this place homier and more attractive to live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment