Maine or bust!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Knitting up a storm...

As most of you know (all two of you who read this), my knitting group is having a Charity Knit-Along for three Ottawa-area charities; one for women, one for men, one for children. I'm so excited about this that I've been on a major knitting streak using up all kinds of yarn I've had no idea what to do with. Hats, mittens, a few scarves, I've been having a great time!

I'm also feverishly working on the blanket Rob asked for, because I want to get it done before he comes up for Christmas :) (Can you give a Jewish guy a Christmas present? It's actually supposed to be a birthday present - the two just happen to come around the same time of year LOL) Have I finished the top I intended to wear to Thanksgiving dinner? no... of course not. My circular needle broke about a week before the deadline, so I'm currently waiting for a replacement to come in. *sigh* I bought a replacement at a different store, but the needles are wayyyyy too long, and I'm not happy with it.

I think I'd like to take an introductory crochet class with Skye (and perhaps Zachary) when we can find one that suits our schedules. I can do half-double crochet all day long, but anything more complicated than that is a bit too scary for me right now. I'd also like to take an Entrelac knitting class someday. Dara had done an Entrelac baby blanket in Tunisian crochet of all things, and it looked fantastic!

In the meantime, the new job at the craft store has taken up all my previous social knitting time. I've lost my Friday knit nights! WAHHHHH!!! I miss my knitting friends a lot! Oh well... I do get the occasional Friday off (I'm not scheduled for next Friday, for instance), and I'm making very good money at the store, so I can't really complain. To be honest, it's the most fun I've ever had at work. I thought going back to working retail would be unpleasant, but it's like working in a toy store! EVERYTHING in the store is something I'd like to play with LOL It's not hard to show enthusiasm for the products you sell when they genuinely interest you.

I got some baby time today :) Some friends of mine had a little girl on Thursday afternoon, and I got to go have cuddles with her after work today. She is so tiny and so adorable, I just didn't want to hand her back to her mom! :D All I can say is, I'm glad I get to be an honorary auntie to this one! (Oh, and the magic boobs still  work - she was handed to me, squirmed once or twice to get comfortable, and went right to sleep... although it could possibly be argued that she was on her way there anyway...)

Hopefully I'll get some baby time again tomorrow :) Friday when I went to pick Skye up at the babysitter's, my nephew got very upset with us for leaving  him (I had to get to work!). I'm looking forward to playing with him tomorrow at my mom's :)

Activity-wise, yoga was not good this week. It's not the yoga's fault, it's all me. The first time I went down on my knees for a pose, it felt like broken glass :( It was not fun. I stuck with it and finished the class, but I had trouble getting down the stairs to street level afterward. I worked Friday at the store, and then all day today, so no extra exercise there, but tomorrow I'd like to take a nice walk somewhere. Maybe with kids and baby if the stroller comes along! Trying to sort out Thanksgiving and Christmas so that I can actually have some time with Rob, but those are the two busiest times of the year at the store, so we'll see what I can come up with. Time for a bit of knitting and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment