Maine or bust!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lazy Thursday...

So I barely have time to think anymore. I got home last night to discover water all over the bathroom floor, an overflowing toilet, and two hungry kids *sigh* After nearly an HOUR of working with the plunger, I managed to get the toilet working again (thank god!). Off to swimming lessons for the twelve-year-old, where, for the *third* week in a row, we had a fight to get him into (and then subsequently OUT of) the change room... *sigh* I'm not sure why. But for some reason, although he LOVES swimming, he hates that change room. I think it might have something to do with the fact that the guys (all strangers) are getting nekkid in front of each other, and he's not used to that. Might have to tell him to pick a bathroom stall and get changed in there.

Between my schedule and Rob's, we rarely get to talk to each other until late in the evening, and it's taking a toll on my sleep schedule. I hate it, because if I put a moratorium on late-night conversations, I won't get to talk to him at all until the weekends. Stupid distance. Well, September's always crazy for both of us anyway, especially since I started school and he decided to take some classes as well ;)


I love Tracy Chapman, always have. But this song is just where I'm at right now. It came up on my iPad (which I use as an mp3 player at work) and it just made me feel so good. Right now, I've got a semi-headache, my throat is trying to decide whether it wants to be scratchy, I'm tired enough to fall asleep, and I'm a bit congested. This likely means I'm succumbing to the cold everyone's been trying to throw at me for the last two weeks, but I'm pretty mellow about it right now. I'm drinking a lot, and I'll be going to bed early tonight.

So as I sit here at my desk with a crisp fall day going on outside, the reflection of last night's rainwater on my ceiling, and my lovely knitted wrap keeping me warm, I'm feeling lazy, but happy. This is my favorite time of year, and I'm going to enjoy it, even if I do get sick.

Photo is mine, please don't steal, mkay?

No comments:

Post a Comment