Maine or bust!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday On Time....?

Well, weigh-in isn't fantastic, but at least it's down. Saw 278 on the scale this morning. It's a sign of hope. It's a sign that even when things are incredibly hectic and I'm not always paying attention, I'm still moving in the right general direction. That's an encouraging feeling. It doesn't mean I'm going to completely disregard eating and exercise from now on, but it means I'll beat myself up a bit less when I'm maybe not 100%.

I get the feeling it'd be at 277 if my body could get into a decent rhythm. What does that mean? It means my innards are on a weird schedule and my body vacates its waste mid-morning instead of later in the day. TMI? For sure. but it's one of those things that affects my weigh-ins, and it bothers me.

I had my first class on Tuesday, and it was awesome. My Prof is this feisty old lady who has some definite passion for our field of study (I'm in translation) and she's really fun and interesting. I kept trying to figure out what she was wearing. Looked like a high-necked dress (long sleeves, down to the ankles) - to be honest, it looked like some old pilgrim dress. On top of that, she was wearing a huge square of fabric like a Clint Eastwood poncho (from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, say). No idea why, unless she naturally runs to being cold, but she made it work :) I think this is going to be an awesome class.

Both kids had their first swimming lessons - the ten-year-old took to it like a duck to water. See what I did there? :P (puns truly are the lowest form of humor!) The twelve-year-old stood against the wall, not moving, until I broke the rules and went into the pool area with *gasp* SHOES on to sort out whose class he was supposed to be in and argue him into the water LOL To be fair, he's a great deal older than most of the kids in the class, but that's only because his form is a bit off, not because he can't swim. He enjoyed it once he got going :)

Aaaaand I'm officially working at Michaels now :) Weekends only, of course. Fortunately, I'm not working THIS weekend, so I can still work my closing shifts at the pizza place tonight and Saturday without painful sleep deprivation ;) And on that note, it's time for me to go to my day job LOL Have a great weekend, everybody!

Yes, this is one of MY pics, please don't swipe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment