Maine or bust!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Discouraging Word...

Fitness - ugh. That pretty much sums up how I feel about that. I got on the scale on Tuesday morning and I felt awesome about myself. I was down a couple of pounds, I was feeling pretty good physically, and then everything went to hell. I got on the scale this morning, and I am up SEVEN pounds from what I was on Tuesday. Something very weird is going on, because I have not been eating a bucket of KFC per day since the last weigh-in. I'm not "due" any time soon either, so I don't know what's going on. I think the scale is going into time-out. I'm still waiting on the treadmill parts. I'm feeling very discouraged, but I have a plan (see "everything else").

Knitting - Got another hexipuff done (bringing the total up to 10), and I got a couple of rows done on the Age of Brass and Steam shawl, but other than that, there's nothing exciting going on. I may make a few more hexipuffs, and I have to pick up the other fingerless mitt again, because Kari has apparently designed a few sock patterns in her non-existent free time and wants me to test one of them (MOAR SOCKS! RAAAR!) I love knitting socks, and having an excuse is awesome!

Food - I am trying to think of anything BUT food right now, so bleh.

School - Don't really have anything to report beyond what I posted yesterday.

Everything else - I booked my flights to go see Rob at Easter! That means getting on an airplane. That means seats that I don't fit in. That means I need a gigantic kick in the ass to get this done. So here is THE PLAN. Knees are finally feeling better, so squats resume tonight. 50-60 squats per night. Rob has issued a challenge for me to start doing bicep curls on Friday - first night I do 10 per side (10 lb weights), and go up 5 each night, I think. Also starting the 12-week walking challenge I've mentioned so many times. If I have to walk in a shopping mall (it's cold!), that's what I'll do. If I have to walk at school, I will. At least, until the treadmill is fixed! I'm not focusing on food as much because I tend to obsess. I bought lots of awesome healthy stuff this week, so let's just hope I can stay out of the store for a while. Enjoy this video, because I need a bit of this sentiment right now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment