Maine or bust!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

STICKERS!!!!!!!

Yesterday went well. I managed to keep my fat intake at 40% of my total calories (that seems a slightly more attainable goal than 33%) and although I didn't manage to get to the gym, I did walk to school and back - which is 1.25 miles each way! I did DRIVE to the gym... only to discover that I had left my gym bag (and thus, exercise-appropriate clothing) at home on the couch. SIGH.

I've recently become enamored of this blog here: Just Bento. I love bento!!! Little bits of different things all packed together like a present really appeals to me. It also helps limit portions, which is something I have a lot of trouble with. Now while I haven't rushed out to buy myself a bento kit, I do have a few Rubbermaid containers that will do the trick of containing the whole thing (the one I've been using this week is a tad small and I've had to squash things or pack them separately, I'll be moving up to the next size tomorrow). So yesterday and today, I packed myself little bentos for dinner and lunch. Last night's dinner was pancetta with raw veggies and dip, and a coco de nata pudding for dessert. Today's lunch was turkey meatballs with peanut sauce, more raw veggies and dip, and some dill pickles on the side. Breakfast involved a "thin" bagel (they're about the size of a slice of bread) and a pear.

So at lunch today, I had to walk to the bank to pay some bills for the office, so I figured I'd walk to the dollar store on my way back. The bank and the dollar store are in opposite directions from my office, so I ended up walking 1.13 miles! YAY! The whole point of the visit to the dollar store was to obtain..... *drum roll* STICKERS. I bought a lot of stickers, y'all. I got heart stickers and butterfly stickers, and cutesy animal stickers and dolphin & shark stickers and Winnie the Pooh stickers... I may have gone slightly overboard with the stickers. But my September calendar now has TWO shiny new stickers on it (we went with a heart and a little chibi horse today) for my exercise and eating yesterday!



I had my first class last night - I'm taking a course called "Lexique du français moderne" and it's really interesting, if really REALLY technical and a bit heavy. I think I'm going to like this one. Granted, I can't knit in class (too much note-taking involved), but I did get a bit of knitting done on Tempting during the break. I can't wait until Friday night when I can work on it uninterrupted again! Yes, I do spend a good deal of my non-knitting time wishing I was knitting... I may be slightly obsessed.

This weekend is going to be a bit crazy. I have ALL THE FRUITS to deal with in my kitchen. I went for groceries and they had big bags of kiwis for half-price (they're a tiny bit soft). CHEAP KIWIS. I may have bought them all *ahem*. This makes five different kinds of jam & preserves that need to be dealt with soonish. The apples are frozen, as are the cherries and the peaches, but that's still a lot of fruit to deal with. Peaches, pears, apples, cherries, plums, cantaloupe, kiwis. Holy fall harvest, Batman! I'm not even sure I have jars for all of this, even including the ones I brought back from Rob's. Never mind the ridiculous number of onions I bought last week to perhaps pickle or perhaps make onion chutney with... OH CRAP. I forgot about the tomatoes!! GAH! (if anybody wants to come over and help me can, I will be your willing slave forever... wait... no, I'll just be really grateful!)

It's been brought to my attention that many people have difficulty posting comments. I choose to believe that this is why I get so few of them (and not because I get, like, zero traffic LOL). Sorry about that. Apparently it's a known Blogger issue, but I didn't know about it before I signed up! I'll do a bit of research and see if it's worth my while to move everything over to another site. In the meantime, those of you who are facebook friends can leave me comments there (and several of you have been) or if you really wanna tell me off for something, my email address is listed at the top right of the main page :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment